Target audience: Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, Addiction Counselors
Course Description, Hours: 5 CEs
While much has been discovered about the relationship between trauma and addiction, not all clinicians are trained in both fields. PTSD and Addiction is a defining book that provides understanding and direction. Author Jerry Boriskin integrates conceptual and clinical models to help professionals recognize the effects of trauma and addiction, as well as utilize innovative treatment approaches.
This course contains a link to the book on Amazon and a test. When you’re ready, purchase the course by clicking the “Buy Now” button below. Once you have read the materials, login and go to “My Profile” to take the quiz and print your certificate for CE credits. A minimum score of 80% is required on the exam in order to be accepted by most state and national boards.
The participant will be able to identify or demonstrate familiarity with:
- The basics of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Definitions and Diagnosis of PTSD
- The biology of PTSD made simple
- Myths, trends, and missing factors in the treatment of trauma-related disorders
- Techniques for treating trauma disorders
- Therapeutic models, power techniques, teleology, and process
- Addiction and twelve step integration with trauma disorders
- Twelve clinical principles
Required Reading/Course Materials: