Renewal: thirty (30) hours of continuing education must be completed every three (3) years from the date of issue.
- Three (3) hours of the social work code of ethics every renewal needs to be done in person.
- Every third renewal period, two (2) of the continuing education hours shall be on HIV/AIDS courses approved by the Cabinet for Health and Family.
- Three (3) of the continuing education hours during each renewal period shall be completed in the area of domestic violence related training courses.
- One and one-half (1.5) hours of continuing education shall be completed one (1) time every six (6) years in the area of the recognition and prevention of pediatric abusive head trauma.
- A maximum of fifteen (15) hours of home study is permitted.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view your state’s continuing education regulations, click the link below.
For more information visit the Kentucky Board of Social Work